As a National Directive all patients have been moved to Electronic Prescription Services, where the practice would request you to nominate a pharmacy of your choice if not already done so.
If you would like to nominate a pharmacy, please complete our Register for the Electronic Prescription Service form.
During the COVID-19 period, the practice will accept telephone requests where the patient cannot order online via Patient Access.
You have option to request for repeat prescription:
- Online through Patient Access. If you are not registered for the online services, please complete our Register for Online Services form
- By completing Repeat Prescription Request
- By leaving a request in the repeat prescription box
- By posting the request
Please give the name of the medication you require and allow 2 full working days’ notice for the prescription to be processed and remember to take weekend and bank holidays into account.
To check the cost of prescriptions, please visit NHS: How much is the NHS prescription charge?
You can also find out if you are entitled to free prescriptions at NHS: Am I entitled to free prescriptions?
- NHS Help with Health Costs helpline: 0300 330 1343
- Prescription services helpline: 0300 330 1349
- Queries about medical exemption certificates: 0300 330 1341
- Queries about prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs): 0300 330 1341
- Queries about tax credit certificates: 0300 330 1347
- Call 0300 123 0849 to order a paper copy of the HC12, HC5 and HC1 (SC) forms
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a GP or a Pharmacist at least once a year to review the regular medication issued. You are therefore, requested to book an appointment to avoid necessary delays to any further prescriptions.
If you have been advised by the surgery that your medication review is due, please complete our online Medication Review form.